- it’s highly recommended to power via header with quality and powerful (3A) PSU – if you want stable operations and overclocking? In another word – don’t even try to power via stock micro USB power connector since your board will suffer from regular crashing and might not even boot up.
- booting from eMMC is currently broken. In case of troubles use this tool to restore stock bootloader.
- known issues: MALI and video acceleration libraries are not installed yet
- overclocking to 2.2Ghz is possible with (patched) mainline kernel. Enable with:
echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/boost # enable turbo nano /etc/default/cpufrequtils # adjust new limit /etc/init.d/cpufrequtils restart # restart cpufrequtils
- If you can’t restore your bootloader with pressing and holding the button while powering, you need to shorten this resistor with some tweezers and power the board. Then proceed with flashing stock u-boot.
* Specifications differ from hardware revision, model and software support level
BASH or ZSH shell, standard Debian/Ubuntu utilities. Features can be adjusted with menu-driven utility. Login is possible via serial, HDMI or SSH.
Minimal, server or Desktop. We work with XFCE, Gnome and Cinnamon but more is possible to build: Mate, KDE, Budgie, Deepin, i3, …
No bloatware or spyware. Special utilities are completely optional. Suitable for newcomers and professionals.
Distributed images are optimized for flash media (SD/eMMC/SSD) and compacted to real data size.
Armbian is optimized on kernel and userspace level. ZRAM & ZSWAP support, browser profile memory caching, garbage commit delay.
Security level can be adjusted with the armbian-config. OS is reviewed by professionals within the community.
Maintainers and community have deep understanding how HW work. We are seniors with 30+ years of experience in Linux + embedded Linux.
Armbian provides open source build framework to build a distribution of optimised Linux hardware interface for armhf, aarch64 and x86.
We provide a selection of images that fits hardware best. If you need different image – use build framework and make whatever you need. Build framework relies on Debian and Ubuntu packages – you can build any combination – stable, old stable or rolling release.
Make sure you have a good & reliable boot media (SD card / USB key) and a proper power supply. Archives can be flashed with Etcher (all OS) directly.
Insert the SD card into the slot, connect a cable to your network if possible or a display and power your board. (First) boot (with DHCP) takes a bit longer.
Support is provided in one of two ways:
- Free support is provided via general project search engine, documentation, community forums or IRC/Discord. Keep in mind this is mostly provided by our awesome community members in a best effort manner and therefore there are no guaranteed solutions.
- For commercial or prioritised assistance: