- UART is possible to solder to this TV box and is accessible with unusual speed: 1500000
- Video and 3D acceleration addon
- Images are optimized and tested on 2GB / 16GB eMMC / 1000TX LAN version
- Clocking to maximum safe CPU speed (1.51Ghz) is possible this way:
sed -i "s/MAX_SPEED=.*/MAX_SPEED=1510000/" /etc/default/cpufrequtils service cpufrequtils restart
Make sure to install large heatsink!
- Download and unpack flasher for Linux
- Download and unpack the desired armbian image
- Unpack and copy armbian .img file into z28_linux_flasher/image/armbian.img
- Short a resistor with tweezers as shown in the picture and attach USB A-A cable to the edge USB2.0 port at the same time
- Your device should be switched to maskrom mode and become ready for flashing. This is indicated as new USB device: Bus 003 Device 007: ID 2207:320c
- Go to z28_linux_flasher and execute: sudo ./flash_tool.sh -c rk3328 -p system -i image/armbian.img
- You should see running % from 0 to 100% and the process should be done in a few minutes:
PARTITIONS OFFSET: 0 sectors.
Downloading bootloader succeeded.
Write LBA from file (100%)
Reset Device OK.
- Unplug cables and power the board.
* Specifications differ from hardware revision, model and software support level