Armbian 23.02 Jammy
Kernel 6.1.y, Size: 463Mb, Release date: Feb 27, 2023
SHA hash | PGP signature
Armbian 23.02 Jammy XFCE
Kernel 6.1.y, Size: 1166Mb, Release date: Feb 27, 2023
SHA hash | PGP signature
- Severe powering troubles due to Micro USB power connector. It’s recommended to power through GPIO pins to prevent under-voltage issues (instabilities, boot/crash cycles). Powering situation is a little improved/masked on model S.
- serial console is enabled on UART2 (pin 32, 33, 34=gnd)
- eMMC flashing (model Tinkerboard S with eMMC) can be done the same way as burning an SD card. Connect your board with USB cable to your computer (Linux or Windows) and eMMC will be seen as a new hard drive. Burn an image to this drive. Wait until it's done, detach from computer and power with your normal PSU.
- booting from SD card on S model is possible in Maskrom mode.
- kernel headers are broken on legacy builds
- video and 3D acceleration
Other supported variants
1000tx 2GB 32bit 4 core UASP bluetooth docker eMMC i2c spi wifi Rockchip RK3288
* Specifications differ from hardware revision, model and software support level
- check power supply and SD card issues
- check previous images from archive
- ask for help on forums
BASH or ZSH shell, standard Debian/Ubuntu utilities. Features can be adjusted with menu-driven utility. Login is possible via serial, HDMI or SSH.
Minimal, server or Desktop. We work with XFCE, Gnome and Cinnamon but more is possible to build: Mate, KDE, Budgie, Deepin, i3, …
No bloatware or spyware. Special utilities are completely optional. Suitable for newcomers and professionals.
Distributed images are optimized for flash media (SD/eMMC/SSD) and compacted to real data size.
Armbian is optimized on kernel and userspace level. ZRAM & ZSWAP support, browser profile memory caching, garbage commit delay.
Security level can be adjusted with the armbian-config. OS is reviewed by professionals within the community.
Maintainers and community have deep understanding how HW work. We are seniors with 30+ years of experience in Linux + embedded Linux.
Armbian provides open source build framework to build a distribution of optimised Linux hardware interface for armhf, aarch64 and x86.
We provide a selection of images that fits hardware best. If you need different image – use build framework and make whatever you need. Build framework relies on Debian and Ubuntu packages – you can build any combination – stable, old stable or rolling release.
Minimal images comes without armbian-config, armbian-zsh, build-essentials, Python, DKMS, … If you are interested in detailed comparison, CLI images also have those packages:
Make sure you have a good & reliable boot media (SD card / USB key) and a proper power supply. Archives can be flashed with Etcher (all OS) directly.
Insert the SD card into the slot, connect a cable to your network if possible or a display and power your board. (First) boot (with DHCP) takes a bit longer.
Support is provided in one of two ways:
- Free support is provided via general project search engine, documentation, community forums or IRC/Discord. Keep in mind this is mostly provided by our awesome community members in a best effort manner and therefore there are no guaranteed solutions.
- For commercial or prioritised assistance:
- book a an hour of professional consultation,
- consider becoming a project partner. Reach us out at https://armbian.com/contact,
Rolling weekly releases
|User space||Kernel||Integrity||Size||Release date|
|Armbian Lunar minimal||rolling||6.1.11||SHA||ASC||344M||Feb 13, 2023|
|Armbian Sid minimal||rolling||6.1.11||SHA||ASC||365M||Feb 13, 2023|
|Armbian Lunar CLI||rolling||6.1.11||SHA||ASC||369M||Feb 13, 2023|
|Armbian Sid CLI||rolling||6.1.11||SHA||ASC||444M||Feb 13, 2023|
|Armbian Sid XFCE desktop||rolling||6.1.11||SHA||ASC||1154M||Feb 13, 2023|
|Armbian Lunar XFCE desktop||rolling||6.1.11||SHA||ASC||1170M||Feb 13, 2023|
- Debian testing or Arch - Manjaro support quality level
- Untested automated builds for power users that are able to fix problems on their own
- Images are receiving updates when main branch changes