- Images here are for 5B, for model 5A can be found here.
- Some eMMC devices are broken on 5A
- PD is broken for the 5B model (background) on most revisions that are in the wild and is causing boot loop. Workaround is to use a stupid / fixed 5-24 volts USB-C power supply.
- Installation to NVME or USB is done via standard armbian install utility (
sudo armbian-install). Make sure to generate partitions and format them before start.
Enable 3D Acceleration (Ubuntu variant only):
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:liujianfeng1994/panfork-mesa sudo add-apt-repository ppa:liujianfeng1994/rockchip-multimedia sudo apt update sudo apt dist-upgrade sudo apt install mali-g610-firmware rockchip-multimedia-config # In order to install additional packages with hardware acceleration support like chromium sudo apt install chromium-browser
Check this link to see what software supports hardware acceleration:
In order to enable 3D acceleration on Kodi:
- Follow the above “Enable 3D Acceleration” steps
- and install kodi as an additional package (
sudo apt install kodi)
To enable kodi hardware decode you have to run kodi under gbm or wayland.
In case you need to run Docker:
update-alternatives --set iptables /usr/sbin/iptables-legacy update-alternatives --set ip6tables /usr/sbin/ip6tables-legacy