Other supported variants
* Specifications differ from hardware revision, model and software support level
SimpleBASH or ZSH shell, standard Debian/Ubuntu utilities. Features can be adjusted with menu-driven utility. Login is possible via serial, HDMI or SSH.
UniversalMinimal, server or Desktop. We work with XFCE, Gnome and Cinnamon but more is possible to build: Mate, KDE, Budgie, Deepin, i3, ...
LightNo bloatware or spyware. Special utilities are completely optional. Suitable for newcomers and professionals.
OptimizedDistributed images are optimized for flash media (SD/eMMC/SSD) and compacted to real data size.
FastArmbian is optimized on kernel and userspace level. ZRAM & ZSWAP support, browser profile memory caching, garbage commit delay.
SecureSecurity level can be adjusted with the armbian-config. OS is reviewed by professionals within the community.
SupportedMaintainers and community have deep understanding how HW work. We are seniors with 30+ years of experience in Linux + embedded Linux.
OpenArmbian provides open source build framework to build a distribution of optimised Linux hardware interface for armhf, aarch64 and x86.
Support is provided in one of two ways:
- Free support is provided via general project search engine, documentation, community forums or IRC/Discord. Keep in mind this is mostly provided by our awesome community members in a best effort manner and therefore there are no guaranteed solutions.
- For commercial or prioritised assistance:
dpkg -i linux-image-[branch]-family.deb linux-dtb-[branch]-family.deb. In that process you can enforce many customisation.
Rolling weekly releases
|User space||Kernel||Integrity||Size||Release date|
|Lunar CLI||rolling||6.1.7||SHA||ASC||519M||Jan 22, 2023|
|Lunar minimal||rolling||6.1.7||SHA||ASC||487M||Jan 22, 2023|
|Lunar XFCE desktop||rolling||6.1.7||SHA||ASC||1414M||Jan 23, 2023|
|Sid CLI||rolling||6.1.7||SHA||ASC||612M||Jan 22, 2023|
|Sid minimal||rolling||6.1.7||SHA||ASC||510M||Jan 22, 2023|
|Sid XFCE desktop||rolling||6.1.7||SHA||ASC||1298M||Jan 23, 2023|
- Debian testing or Arch - Manjaro support quality level
- Untested automated builds for power users that are able to fix problems on their own
- Images are receiving updates when master branch changes