- End user support is provided in best effort manner,
- Check out our forums, Discord channel or refer to our documentation,
- Armbian forum subscription prevents the need to spam with 3rd party advertisement.
* Specifications differ from hardware revision, model and software support level
We provide CLI (command line interface) images first. If the software is stable enough we add the option to upgrade to XFCE desktop. The Build-System relies on Debian and Ubuntu. The availability of different images may vary, most of the time because of driver restriction. Sometimes we provide only testing images.
All images can be built from sources at any time and in rare cases, where you can’t find an image which you need, you can build one.
Make sure you have a good & reliable SD card and a proper power supply. Archives can be uncompressed with 7-Zip on Windows, Keka on OS X and 7z on Linux (apt-get install p7zip-full). RAW images can be written with Etcher (all OS). Where images are compressed with .xz you can wrtite them to the SD card with Etcher directly.
Insert the SD card into the slot, connect a cable to your network if possible or a display and power your board. (First) boot (with DHCP) takes up to 35 seconds with a class 10 SD Card.
Log in as: root Password: 1234. Then you are prompted to change this password (US-Keyboard setting). When done, you are asked to create a normal user-account for your everyday tasks.
SUPPORTED devices are tested and they work apart from known issues and missing features. Support is provided as far as possible (in general there is no support for 3rd party hardware like DVB tuners and software like Kodi). Please check the documentation and existing forum posts before posting a question. Questions on private channels are ignored.
SUITABLE FOR TESTING (WIP) are devices which we’re currently working on but they are not ready! These images are suitable for developers and experienced users. They are not very well tested but they might work without any problems. Your help to improve this situation is greatly appreciated.
SUPPORT ENDED (EOS) status are devices which used to be supported in the past. Reasons for moving to this section:
- no active software development (mainline u-boot and kernel)
- no support from the vendor (hardware samples, documentation, software packages)
- never was sold, only samples in small quantities were available
- hardware design flaws don’t allow using these devices without stability issues
- images are stable but we don’t test updating,
- images are provided with no support,
- most images have frozen kernel and u-boot packages to prevent their upgrades.
NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT (CSC) are devices which are supported by the 3rd party. We usually don’t have hardware samples nor conduct any tests but they might work. There is no support whatsoever.
Each supported Armbian image can be made from scratch – from latest kernel and u-boot sources, updated upstream packages and our most recent bug fixes and improvements. Supported build environment for SDK is Ubuntu Hirsute 21.04 x64 but you can run it containerised virtually on any X64 based Linux distribution under Docker. You can re-make live bootable image or just a kernel+dtb(hardware configuration) package which you transfer to your image and install with:
dpkg -i linux-image-[branch]-family.deb linux-dtb-[branch]-family.deb. In that process you can enforce many customisation. To the kernel or user space. Read more.