- UART is accessible on pin 6 (GND),8 (TX) and 10 (RX) and with unusual speed: 1500000
- Video and 3D acceleration addon
- Clocking to maximum safe CPU speed (1.51Ghz) is possible this way:
sed -i "s/MAX_SPEED=.*/MAX_SPEED=1510000/" /etc/default/cpufrequtils service cpufrequtils restart
Make sure to install large heatsink!
- In case you face stability issues, check this
- Some eMMC chips might have troubles.
Other supported variants
|User space||Interface||EU||USA||Asia||Torrent||Kernel||Integrity||Size||Release date|
|Bullseye||CLI||5.15.y||SHA||ASC||421M||Oct 28, 2022|
|Bullseye||Minimal / Dieted||5.15.y||SHA||ASC||296M||Oct 28, 2022|
|Jammy||Cinnamon desktop||5.15.y||SHA||ASC||1295M||Oct 28, 2022|
|Jammy||Gnome desktop||5.15.y||SHA||ASC||1338M||Oct 28, 2022|
|Jammy||Minimal / Dieted||5.15.y||SHA||ASC||298M||Oct 28, 2022|
|* Looking for different or custom variant? Use Armbian build framework!|
* Specifications differ from hardware revision, model and software support level
BASH or ZSH shell, standard Debian/Ubuntu utilities. Features can be adjusted with menu-driven utility. Login is possible via serial, HDMI or SSH.
Minimal, server or Desktop. We work with XFCE, Gnome and Cinnamon but more is possible to build: Mate, KDE, Budgie, Deepin, i3, …
No bloatware or spyware. Special utilities are completely optional. Suitable for newcomers and professionals.
Distributed images are optimized for flash media (SD/eMMC/SSD) and compacted to real data size.
Armbian is optimized on kernel and userspace level. ZRAM & ZSWAP support, browser profile memory caching, garbage commit delay.
Security level can be adjusted with the armbian-config. OS is reviewed by professionals within the community.
Maintainers and community have deep understanding how HW work. We are seniors with 30+ years of experience in Linux + embedded Linux.
Armbian provides open source build framework to build a distribution of optimised Linux hardware interface for armhf, aarch64 and x86.
We provide a selection of images that fits hardware best. If you need different image – use build framework and make whatever you need. Build framework relies on Debian and Ubuntu packages – you can build any combination – stable, old stable or rolling release.
Make sure you have a good & reliable boot media (SD card / USB key) and a proper power supply. Archives can be flashed with Etcher (all OS) directly.
Insert the SD card into the slot, connect a cable to your network if possible or a display and power your board. (First) boot (with DHCP) takes a bit longer.
Support is provided in one of two ways:
- Free support is provided via general project search engine, documentation, community forums or IRC/Discord. Keep in mind this is mostly provided by our awesome community members in a best effort manner and therefore there are no guaranteed solutions.
- For commercial or prioritised assistance:
Rolling weekly releasess straight from Armbian development lab
- Debian testing or Arch - Manjaro support quality level
- Untested automated builds for power users that are able to fix problems on their own
- Images are receiving updates when master branch changes
|User space||Kernel||Integrity||Size||Release date|
|Kinetic CLI||rolling||6.0.10||SHA||ASC||383M||Nov 27, 2022|
|Kinetic minimal||rolling||6.0.10||SHA||ASC||292M||Nov 28, 2022|
|Kinetic XFCE desktop||rolling||6.0.10||SHA||ASC||1302M||Nov 27, 2022|
|Sid CLI||rolling||6.0.10||SHA||ASC||454M||Nov 27, 2022|
|Sid minimal||rolling||6.0.10||SHA||ASC||308M||Nov 28, 2022|
|Sid XFCE desktop||rolling||6.0.10||SHA||ASC||1165M||Nov 27, 2022|