Better then Ubuntu? No Canonical proprietary solutions. Better then Debian? More recent package base.
Better then both:
- HiDPI support for GRUB and desktop (automated adjustments on big screen resolutions),
- immutable firmware (kernel upgrade locked to additionally enhance stability),
- kernel headers preinstalled (easy additional drivers install),
- ZFS 2.1.5 ready (apt install zfsutils-linux zfs-dkms),
- face unlock works perfectly (if your camera is supported),
- additional (hibernation) power saving method comes pre-configured (since standby doesn't always works),
- snapd is not installed (user can install it).
Installation to HDD/SSD drive is done by transferring live image to the target (sudo armbian-install).
Other supported variants
|User space||Interface||EU||USA||Asia||Torrent||Kernel||Integrity||Size||Release date|
|Bullseye||CLI||5.15.y||SHA||ASC||776M||Oct 21, 2022|
|Bullseye||Cinnamon desktop||5.15.y||SHA||ASC||1596M||Oct 21, 2022|
|Bullseye||Minimal / Dieted||5.15.y||SHA||ASC||554M||Oct 21, 2022|
|Bullseye||XFCE desktop||5.15.y||SHA||ASC||1488M||Oct 21, 2022|
|Jammy||CLI||5.15.y||SHA||ASC||711M||Oct 21, 2022|
|Jammy||Cinnamon desktop||5.15.y||SHA||ASC||1629M||Oct 21, 2022|
|Jammy||Minimal / Dieted||5.15.y||SHA||ASC||548M||Oct 21, 2022|
|Jammy||XFCE desktop||5.15.y||SHA||ASC||1609M||Oct 21, 2022|
|* Looking for different or custom variant? Use Armbian build framework!|
10000tx 1000tx 100tx 16GB 1wire 2 core 2500tx 2GB 32bit 4 core 4GB 6 core 64bit 8 core 8GB CAN ECC SPDIF UASP battery bluetooth docker eMMC esata i2c i2s m2 mpci msata nand pci sata sfp spi spi flash switch usb-c usb3 wifi wireguard
* Specifications differ from hardware revision, model and software support level
BASH or ZSH shell, standard Debian/Ubuntu utilities. Features can be adjusted with menu-driven utility. Login is possible via serial, HDMI or SSH.
Minimal, server or Desktop. We work with XFCE, Gnome and Cinnamon but more is possible to build: Mate, KDE, Budgie, Deepin, i3, …
No bloatware or spyware. Special utilities are completely optional. Suitable for newcomers and professionals.
Distributed images are optimized for flash media (SD/eMMC/SSD) and compacted to real data size.
Armbian is optimized on kernel and userspace level. ZRAM & ZSWAP support, browser profile memory caching, garbage commit delay.
Security level can be adjusted with the armbian-config. OS is reviewed by professionals within the community.
Maintainers and community have deep understanding how HW work. We are seniors with 30+ years of experience in Linux + embedded Linux.
Armbian provides open source build framework to build a distribution of optimised Linux hardware interface for armhf, aarch64 and x86.
We provide a selection of images that fits hardware best. If you need different image – use build framework and make whatever you need. Build framework relies on Debian and Ubuntu packages – you can build any combination – stable, old stable or rolling release.
Make sure you have a good & reliable boot media (SD card / USB key) and a proper power supply. Archives can be flashed with Etcher (all OS) directly.
Insert the SD card into the slot, connect a cable to your network if possible or a display and power your board. (First) boot (with DHCP) takes a bit longer.
Support is provided in one of two ways:
- Free support is provided via general project search engine, documentation, community forums or IRC/Discord. Keep in mind this is mostly provided by our awesome community members in a best effort manner and therefore there are no guaranteed solutions.
- For commercial or prioritised assistance:
Rolling weekly releasess straight from Armbian development lab
- Debian testing or Arch - Manjaro support quality level
- Untested automated builds for power users that are able to fix problems on their own
- Images are receiving updates when master branch changes
|User space||Kernel||Integrity||Size||Release date|
|Kinetic CLI||rolling||6.0.10||SHA||ASC||744M||Nov 28, 2022|
|Kinetic minimal||rolling||6.0.10||SHA||ASC||683M||Nov 28, 2022|
|Kinetic XFCE desktop||rolling||6.0.10||SHA||ASC||1681M||Nov 27, 2022|
|Sid CLI||rolling||6.0.10||SHA||ASC||873M||Nov 28, 2022|
|Sid minimal||rolling||6.0.10||SHA||ASC||728M||Nov 28, 2022|
|Sid XFCE desktop||rolling||6.0.10||SHA||ASC||1574M||Nov 28, 2022|