Armbian 23.02 Bullseye Gnome
Kernel 5.15.y, Size: 2124Mb, Release date: Feb 27, 2023
SHA hash | PGP signature
Armbian 23.02 Bullseye
Kernel 5.15.y, Size: 1173Mb, Release date: Feb 27, 2023
SHA hash | PGP signature
Better then Ubuntu? No Canonical proprietary solutions. Better then Debian? More recent package base.
Better then both:
- HiDPI support for GRUB and desktop (automated adjustments on big screen resolutions),
- immutable firmware (kernel upgrade locked to additionally enhance stability),
- NVIDIA graphics acceleration with proprietary driver,
- Intel graphics acceleration also works out of the box,
- preinstalled Google Chrome and Microsoft Visual Studio Code,
- kernel headers preinstalled (easy additional drivers install),
- ZFS 2.1.5 ready (apt install zfsutils-linux zfs-dkms),
- face unlock works perfectly (if your camera is supported),
- additional (hibernation) power saving method comes pre-configured (since standby doesn't always works),
- snapd is not installed (user can install it).
Installation to HDD/SSD drive is done by transferring live image to the target (sudo armbian-install). In case you want to install it to computer and keep Windows 10/11 (dual boot) you will need to disable "Secure Boot" in BIOS, disable BitLocker and shrink partition to make free space you need for Armbian Linux.
Other supported variants
|User space||Interface||EU||USA||Asia||Torrent||Kernel||Integrity||Size||Release date|
|Armbian Bullseye||Cinnamon desktop||5.15.y||SHA||ASC||2165M||Feb 27, 2023|
|Armbian Bullseye||Minimal CLI||5.15.y||SHA||ASC||995M||Feb 27, 2023|
|Armbian Bullseye||XFCE desktop||5.15.y||SHA||ASC||2089M||Feb 27, 2023|
|Armbian Jammy||Cinnamon desktop||5.15.y||SHA||ASC||2757M||Feb 27, 2023|
|Armbian Jammy||Minimal CLI||5.15.y||SHA||ASC||980M||Feb 27, 2023|
|Armbian Jammy||XFCE desktop||5.15.y||SHA||ASC||2735M||Feb 27, 2023|
|* Looking for different or custom variant? Use Armbian build framework!|
10000tx 1000tx 100tx 16GB 1wire 2 core 2500tx 2GB 32bit 4 core 4GB 6 core 64bit 8 core 8GB CAN Closed bootloader ECC SPDIF UASP battery bluetooth docker eMMC esata i2c i2s m2 mpci msata nand pci sata sfp spi spi flash switch usb-c usb3 wifi wireguard Intel / AMD
* Specifications differ from hardware revision, model and software support level
- check power supply and SD card issues
- check previous images from archive
- ask for help on forums
BASH or ZSH shell, standard Debian/Ubuntu utilities. Features can be adjusted with menu-driven utility. Login is possible via serial, HDMI or SSH.
Minimal, server or Desktop. We work with XFCE, Gnome and Cinnamon but more is possible to build: Mate, KDE, Budgie, Deepin, i3, …
No bloatware or spyware. Special utilities are completely optional. Suitable for newcomers and professionals.
Distributed images are optimized for flash media (SD/eMMC/SSD) and compacted to real data size.
Armbian is optimized on kernel and userspace level. ZRAM & ZSWAP support, browser profile memory caching, garbage commit delay.
Security level can be adjusted with the armbian-config. OS is reviewed by professionals within the community.
Maintainers and community have deep understanding how HW work. We are seniors with 30+ years of experience in Linux + embedded Linux.
Armbian provides open source build framework to build a distribution of optimised Linux hardware interface for armhf, aarch64 and x86.
We provide a selection of images that fits hardware best. If you need different image – use build framework and make whatever you need. Build framework relies on Debian and Ubuntu packages – you can build any combination – stable, old stable or rolling release.
Minimal images comes without armbian-config, armbian-zsh, build-essentials, Python, DKMS, … If you are interested in detailed comparison, CLI images also have those packages:
Make sure you have a good & reliable boot media (SD card / USB key) and a proper power supply. Archives can be flashed with Etcher (all OS) directly.
Insert the SD card into the slot, connect a cable to your network if possible or a display and power your board. (First) boot (with DHCP) takes a bit longer.
Support is provided in one of two ways:
- Free support is provided via general project search engine, documentation, community forums or IRC/Discord. Keep in mind this is mostly provided by our awesome community members in a best effort manner and therefore there are no guaranteed solutions.
- For commercial or prioritised assistance:
- book a an hour of professional consultation,
- consider becoming a project partner. Reach us out at https://armbian.com/contact,
Rolling weekly releases
|User space||Kernel||Integrity||Size||Release date|
|Armbian Lunar minimal||rolling||6.1.11||SHA||ASC||1078M||Feb 12, 2023|
|Armbian Sid CLI||rolling||6.1.11||SHA||ASC||1219M||Feb 12, 2023|
|Armbian Lunar CLI||rolling||6.1.11||SHA||ASC||1137M||Feb 12, 2023|
|Armbian Sid minimal||rolling||6.1.11||SHA||ASC||1128M||Feb 12, 2023|
Rolling releases from CI pipeline
- Debian testing or Arch - Manjaro support quality level
- Untested automated builds for power users that are able to fix problems on their own
- Images are receiving updates when main branch changes