Better then Ubuntu? No Canonical proprietary solutions. Better then Debian? More recent package base.
Better then both:
- HiDPI support for GRUB and desktop (automated adjustments on big screen resolutions),
- immutable firmware (kernel upgrade locked to additionally enhance stability),
- NVIDIA graphics acceleration with proprietary driver,
- Intel graphics acceleration also works out of the box,
preinstalled Google Chrome and Microsoft Visual Studio Code,
- kernel headers preinstalled (easy additional drivers install),
- ZFS ready (apt install zfsutils-linux zfs-dkms),
- face unlock works perfectly (if your camera is supported),
additional (hibernation) power saving method comes pre-configured (since standby doesn't always works),
- snapd is not installed (user can install it).
Installation to HDD/SSD drive is done by transferring live image to the target (sudo armbian-install). In case you want to install it to computer and keep Windows 10/11 (dual boot) you will need to disable "Secure Boot" in BIOS, disable BitLocker and shrink partition to make free space you need for Armbian Linux.